Thursday, July 22, 2010

Musings on the life of a married cave dweller plus the 9th of Av

In my role as minister of the interior
I do my best not to believe I'm inferior

This Tisha BAv (ninth of Av, a fast day which commemorates the destruction of the first and second temples in Jerusalem) I did not fast...I even forgot it was Tisha B"Av
I don't really mourn the absence of the temple, although perhaps I do feel the absence of a secure and settled Jewish sovereignity, where we are not always looking over "our" shoulder to see if we are acceptable, or to check who may be planning to attack and hurt "us"
I don't want animal sacrifices to be restored
and if the temple is going to be rebuilt let it be an eco temple, with solar panels on the roofs and an indoor swimming pool/ mikveh
and may only delicious vegetarian food be served there

No comments: